Sunday, October 17, 2010

Williams_Laura_MACWeek3_Comment#2

Williams_Laura_MACWeek3_Comment#2


Comment to Froilan’s Reading Blog Post for Week 3:“Chapter 8

I really like the story of BTFI (Beyond the F---It). It’s going beyond where before you might have stopped. That’s why my favorite quote from D. Crowe resonates with me, see the quotes below:

There is no limit
to the goals you can attain,
the success you can achieve—
your possibilities are as endless
as your dreams.

-D.Crowe”

Froilan,

I appreciate your succinct highlights of the chapters we read this week. I've read Steven Covey as well (not all as you have), but also work by many other authors -- Dr. Wayne Dyer is one of my favorites! As you mentioned, they also relate the same concepts but in different ways.

This week my mantra is going to be BTFI! I desperately need to get BTFI! Maybe I will go back and read that chapter again! :-]

P.S. I did take the photo and I'm glad you liked it. It was taken last October and is a picture of the upper Greenbrier River (very below normal water level) in West Virginia. My husband and I were biking the Greenbrier River Trail -- one of the most scenic in the state. It was a WONDERFUL trip.

Williams_Laura_MACWeek3_Comment#2
Sunday, October 17, 2010
1 Comment
Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 06:58 PM
elfig3986
Loved your comments. I too enjoyed reading BTFI. We at times, many to be precise are our own worst enemies. We stop ourselves from doing or achieving. That is my greatest Achille's heel. The BTFI story sums up our own attitude and ethos about working with people and clearly demonstrates how much more can be achieved when we begin to let go of some of our self imposed constraints. If we only let go and do, boy would we accomplish much more in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment