Friday, October 8, 2010

2nd Reading Post

Chapter 5 speaks about leadership. We are all leaders- its just that some of us believe it and practice it and others just don't buy it! However, just like the "Good Book"(Bible) states- to be a leader is to be a servant- serve! I agree. In my life I try to share the knowledge with all those that will accept it. I try to help without expecting anything in return. By doing this I am not hurt or offended in anyway!


I try to step out into a universe of possibility. I am also trying to focus that no matter how bad it seems there is something good in it. In this course, I lost my entire thesis. To this day I do not know how it happened. It was on my desktop in a folder. I must admit that I wanted to quit- give up- yet a tiny flame inside kept pushing me. It has been a struggle due to other factors- I must confess (health, personal trials and family circumstances) yet I believe I will see the light. I believe in giving everything an "A". It is not an expectation but rather a possibility to live inside of.


In this chapter it also speaks about contribution. Leaders must contribute- I try. I try to contribute in every facet of my life. As a husband, father, teacher and citizen. Far from being perfect but always striving for that possibility. I want to make a difference- even if it is a tiny one!

However, we need to be careful, because sometimes in the role of leadership we might become victims of our own delusional superiority thoughts. In the beginning of the chapter it alludes to a conductor being "seduced by his public extraodinary attention" to what he has to offer. It is interesting in this chapter the stories that are told. Stories that we are bombarded with today in the news, of people that were bless with talent yet they become legends in their own minds and think and behave like they are above the rest.


We need to consider what we do- so that we do not become leaders that don't lead.

Lets keep life in perspective- look at the big picture, our surroundings.

Understand that in contributing to life there is no failure or success- there just "is"!

No comments:

Post a Comment